- "The Parliament was under attack on October 22, 2014. For over 20 years I held a very responsible position and this was my first such an encounter! The sounds of shooting and people scurrying and screaming greatly frightened me initially. The safety of the Prime Minister, the Members of Parliament and the people were uppermost in my mind. To help me think clearly, I started doing the deep breathing as taught by Dr. Chow. The fear left, then an inner peace came upon me like what I feel during and after Chow Qigong classes! I was able to calmly execute my responsibilities and help calm others. That day and the days after, I taught everybody Dr. Chow’s therapeutic philosophy of giving at least 8 hugs and have 3 belly-aching laughs daily. Everybody appreciated it as it helped to reduce the stress from the fearful event. "
- "These few words are simply to acknowledge the great wisdom and rewards acquired from your healing classes. During the incident of Oct. 22, 2014 and as I bestowed upon my duties to Serve & Protect our Parliamentarians, the calmness within my “Qi” served me well. Only a few seconds of deep breathing, searching to claim the calm of my spirit ..., my own “Qi” restored my confidence, energy and guidance. These are the reflections in life`s moments of crisis that we realize where our great Teachers & Grandmasters really made a difference. A great believer & student of the “Chow Qigong”.
More on Chow Qigong: East West Academy of Healing Arts.
- Dr. Effie Chow – the founder of the World Qigong Federation
- Bill Douglas – co-founder of the World Tai Chi & Qigong Day
- Dr. Jerry Alan Johnson – the founder of the International Institutes of Medical Qigong
- Mark Johnson – one of the founders of the National Qigong Association
- Dr. Pedram Shojai – producer of the documentary film Vitality
- Dr. George Love – the lineage holder of the Blue Dragon Qigong
- Dr. Philip Yang – the founder and president of the Nine Star University of Health Sciences
- Cathy “TianJia” Mu – the founder of the PureBeautiful Healing Foundation
- Dr. Stanley Ngui – the grandmaster of the Ngui style of Qigong and Kung fu
- Teja Bell – Zen master and founder of Qigong Dharma organization
- Dr. Nadia Linda Hole – a Medical Doctor specializing in Qigong
- Lama Tantrapa – the founder of Academy of Qi Dao and creator of Qigong Coaching, who produces The Secrets of Qigong Masters talk show