Author: Sako Yoichiro////
Research Institute of Wisdom, Sony Corporation
Conference/Journal: Japanese Mind-Body Science
Date published: 1994
Other: Volume ID: 3 , Issue ID: 1 , Pages: 33-50 , Special Notes: Article in Japanese , Word Count: 218
Mr. Tadashi Sato, one of the authors of this paper, uses very unique method of qigong. In this method, the qi-sender acts freely during qigong operation after connecting to qi-receivers by imagination. Moreover, by raising the level of his outer qi, the qi-sender leads qi-receivers to the state of meditation and to the state insensible of their own bodies.
For evaluating this method, we have investigated physiological changes of qi-sender and qi-receivers during qigong operation using accelerated plethsmograph (APG) and meridian measurement (AMI) etcetra. Spending 9 months, the experiments have been carried out on about 150 qi-receivers in total.
Through these experiments we have obtained some interesting and remarkable results.
(1) The average of qi-receivers' conductivity before polarization (BP) measured by AMI tended to increase. The hand/foot ratio (HFR) of this tended to decrease strikingly.
(2) APG-index and pulse rate of qi-receivers seemed to change up and down during qigong operation.
(3) There seemed the tendency that interaction between qi-sender and qi-receiver is not synchronous except APG-index
(4) When the qi-sender raised his qigong level, most of qi-receivers became insensible of their own bodies. During these conditions we have obtained unique results of measurement. We cannot deny the possibility of OBE in these conditions.
(5) Among qi-receivers there seemed the tendency that the feelings are very similar but the physiological changes are not similar.