Author: Ma Shuan
Dongzhimen Hospital, Beijing College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China 
Conference/Journal: 1st World Conf Acad Exch Med Qigong
Date published: 1988
Other: Pages: 102 , Word Count: 292
Among the 40 cases, 13 were males and 27 females. Ages were between 41 and 60, 7 cases were 61 ±, 3 cases were 40 - .
1. Sandy gallstone (Non-operation).
2. Diameter of the gallstone was 1± cm and the patients refused operation.
3. Patients were treated by Western and Chinese medicine for 3-6 months without success.
4. Patients were treated by ear-point therapy with failure.
1. 10 cases were treated by the ear-point therapy as the control group (GI) and 30 cases were treated by the qigong and ear-point therapies (GII).
2. GII did the qigong exercise two three times a day, 50 minute each.
3. The doctor emitted his qi to the patients simultaneously to promote the flow of qi and blood of the patients.
Criterion of cure:
(l) Marked effect Discharge of stone 1g+, symptoms removed.
(2) Effect Discharge of stone 1g-, symptoms removed or relieved, yet relapse seen.
(3) Failure No discharge of stone and symptoms remained.
Effect of treatment:
Among the 30 cases, 21 were markedly effective, 9 were effective. The total treatments were 486 times and the total discharged stones weighed 357.92g (0.73g./ time on the average).
In the control group all of the cases were effective, The total treatment reached 130 times,and the total discharged stones weighed 14.38g.(0.11g. /time on the average).
1. The qigong and ear-point therapies do not use any drug or operation. It is good for treating 0.5 cm diameter stones and sandy stone. The curative effect is not superior to Chinese and Western medication. Greasy food and high protein can be taken in the treatment course,
2. Diagnosed gallstone with ß-ultrasonic is different from clinical observation. ultrasonic's result is only for reference.
3. The cases of gallstone in females are more than that in males, which is considered to be related to females' climacteric. The development form of the gallstone is connected with the cholesterol content and endocrine disorders.