Author: Cai Fuchou 1//Cai Shangda 1//Chen Jion 1//Zheng Shusen 1//Zhang Jinmei 1//Chen Yienfen 2//He Jinhong 2
Sun Yat-Sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou, China  //Qigong Society of Guangdong Province, Guangzhou, China 
Conference/Journal: 3rd Nat Acad Conf on Qigong Science
Date published: 1990
Other: Pages: 53 , Word Count: 441
In this study,influence of emitted qi on the bioeffect of cultured human fetal fibroblast was investigated with principle and method of stereology. Experiments were divided into tested group (emitted qi group) and control group.
(1) Tested group: According to the differences of qi number emitted by a qigong master in different time, this group was divided into three groups again;
(2) Control group: Experiments were performed by non-qigong master with imitative action in another laboratory 15 miles apart from qigong master. Corresponding to the tested group, the control group was divided into three groups again. The ultrathin sections were done for six specimen blocks from every group. A piece of ultrasection was observed only in each specimen block under an electron microscope and five photographs taken from different bile of the specimen grid were obtained. So every group could obtain 30 photographs and a total of 180 photographs have been studied by quantitative stereologic morphometry. The results were as follows:
1. Influence of emitted qi on nucleolus and chromatin
The volume densities of nucleolus and euchromatin in each tested group were higher than those of the control groups (P<0.01), but the volume densities of heterochromatin were lower than those of the control groups (P<0.01). Especially in the tested group II, the volume of nucleous increased by 3.38%, the one of euchromatin increased by 7.05% and that of hetero chromatin decreased 10.40%.
2. Influence of emitted qi on mitochondria
Compared with the control groups, the volume density,numerical density, surface density and the ratio of surface to volume of mitochondria in each tested group were much higher (P<0.01). Particularly in the tested group II, it has been calculated that the volume density was 3-4-fold higher than one of the control group and surface density 4-fold higher and numerical density 3-fold higher.
3. Influences of emitted qi on rough endoplasmic reticulum and lysosome
The volume density and surface density of rough endoplasmic reticulum (RER), and the volume density and numerical density of lysosome in each tested group were significantly higher than those of the control groups (P<0.01). Extraordinarily it was show that the volume density of RER was 2-3 times as high as that of the control group and the surface density one time up. However, the volume density of lysosome rose by 6-fold in the tested group I, 3-4-fold in group II and 4-5-fold the group III. The numerical density of lysosome increased 2-3-fold in the tested group I, about 3-fold the group II and 10-fold up the group III.
From above results, it was shown that the emitted qi had obvious bio-effect on the human fibroblast, increasing the cell metabolism and digestive function.