Author: Qian A//Zhang Z
Qigong Research Institute of Shanghai 200030
Conference/Journal: Shanghai Journal of Chinese Traditional Medicine
Date published: 1997
Other: Volume ID: 10 , Pages: 21-23 , Word Count: 354
Objectives: In order to observe the treatment effect of intelligence Qigong and Internal Dan Qigong on the Type-II Diabetes.
All subjects came from the outpatients according to the WHO diagnosis criterion of ¢Ú-Type Diabetes. 50 cases including 23 males and 27 females were selected because of their complete case histories. Their age ranged from 30 to 82, (Mean age =56). The course of the disease was between 3 and 20 years with the average of 7 years. According to the TCM diagnosis, all subjects were divided into three types: asthenia yin causing endopyrexia; deficiency of both Qi and Yin; deficiency of both Yin and Yang.
Continuing their original treatment and food control, all subjects were asked to practice intelligence Qigong and Internal Dan Qigong together three times per week, 2 hours each time. And another 30 min’s everyday practice was scheduled for every subject to practice individually. Every 3 months was taken as one course of treatment.
The clinical symptoms and physical signs were observed and the blood sugar, blood lipid, the index of the hemorheology also measured just before and after one course of Qigong treatment.
1. Blood sugar decreased obviously from 8.7±0.8 to 6.4±0.5 (p<0.001)
2. The viscosity of the plasma decreased obviously (p<0.0 from1.9±0.3 to 1.7±0.4). The trend of the high shear of the whole blood came down, while the low shear of the whole blood, the ESR and the electrophoresis of the RBC ameliorated (p<0.05 the low shear of the whole blood: from6.8±0.7 to 6.2±0.7; ESR: from 22.1±5.3 to 16.4±4.6; the electrophoresis of the RBC from 24.6±1.4 to 22.9±1.3).
3. Blood lipid of 30 subjects was measured just before and after the treatment. The results showed that the serum total cholesterol and the serum triglyceride level decreased (p<0.05 total cholesterol :from 6.3±0.5 to 5.4±0.4; serum triglyceride from 1.6±0.13 to 1.4±0.11), while the low-density cholesterol decreased obviously (p<0.001 from 3.29±0.4 to 2.9±0.4).
4. The amelioration rates of the symptom: for the thirsty, total rate of the effect was 90%; for the polyuria and the urinary frequency 86%; for the high appetite 100%; for the lassitude 95%.
5. There was not obvious difference of the cure effect between the three types.(p>0.05)
It was good to the diabetes patients to practice intelligence Qigong and Internal Dan Qigong together.