Author: Yao Shuya
Tianjin Normal College, Tianjin, China 
Conference/Journal: 2nd Int Conf on Qigong
Date published: 1989
Other: Pages: 242 , Word Count: 650
This is a summary of my personal experience in applying the Qigong therapy. It aims at popularizing the air needle and the eight methods of Linggui in Qigong therapy.
What is air needle?
the air needle is the needle which does not thrust into the patient's skin and muscle. the Qigong master holds the needle above the nerve points, picking up, planting down, turning and twisting so as to lead the vital energy through the tip of the needle into the nerve points of the patients.
What is the eight methods of Linggui?
It is a kind of acupuncture treatment, which is based on the ancient theory of 'the nine squares and the eight diagrams'. The eight nerve points connected with the odd channels are acupuncture according to the everyday variation of the heavenly stems and early branches.
The nerve points are chosen on the basis of the relationship between the eight nerve points and the 'nine squares and the eight
diagrams '. The acupuncture needle thrusts into the skin and muscle. On the same principle of the eight methods of Linggui, the air needle is used to alleviate the patient's suffering Whelp him overcome the converse mentality as well as protect him from being injured . The vital energy through the needle is led into the body of the patient ,which directly improves the circumstances of the nerve points, adjusts the balance of the channels and points and stimulates the blood circulation.
Several points for attention in application:
1. Be strict with the principles ,choose the exact nerve points Make detail notes or charts everyday.
2. Combine the eight methods of Linggui with the acupuncture treatment .Choosing the nerve points according to the eight methods of Linggui plays the foundation of the treatment. In order to enhance the curative effect, the air needle is used to acupuncture certain nerve points as a complement.
3. Combine the eight methods of Linggui with the meridian flow. Based on the regular patterns of the meridian flow acupuncture and of the relationship between the blood vessels of the internal organs and n the heavenly stems and early branches', the data, on which the curative effect is high ,can be calculated.
4. According to the conditions of the patient , use the reinforcing method and the draining method skillfully.
The procedure in treatment:
1. Let the patient lie on back, keep calm and peaceful.
2. Choose the nerve points according to the timetable.
a. The nerve points chosen on the arms and legs must be on the opposite sides.
b. Press the nerve points with your finger, kneading clock-wise and anti-clock-wise to test how much the patient aches. If the patient feels very much painful, use the reinforcing method, vice versa.
c. Press your palm on the nerve points giving out Laogong air to excite the points so that the points are made to accept the vital energy.
d. Hold the needle above the nerve points, picking up and planting down, turning and twisting to apply the reinforcing and draining methods.
e. During the treatment, acupuncture certain nerve points.
f. The treatment usually lasts 25 to 30 minutes.
1. Health protection
2. Chronic disease treatment and recovery
3. It is not fit for the cancer patient in the later period, but it can prolong his life.
4. It is not fit for dermatosis and sport injury, neither for emergency. Brief introduction to the curative effect:
For five years I have used my methods to treat nearly ore hundred patients ,who suffered headache, toothache, abdominal pain, math at lung, cancer, cholelithiasis, hemiplegia,etc. The cure rate is 90 percent. This method could cure the patients who suffer toothache and abdominal pain once for ever,help the asth sties breathe nor ally, cholelithiasis patients relieve pain, the hemiplegia patients improve the functions of their limbs through not clearing up the sequelae
In general my methods may be complicated in theory ,but easy and effective in treatment .It is worth spreading.