Author: Feng Lida
Immunology Research Department, China Immunology Research Center, Beijing, China
Conference/Journal: 4th World Congress on Qigong & 4th American Qigong Assoc Conf
Date published: 2001
Other: Special Notes: Sponsored by the East West Academy of Healing Arts, 530 Bush Street, Suite 202, SF, CA 94108 , Word Count: 264
Qigong science is one that researches the basic principles and effects of Qigong with scientific methods and directs the application of Qigong with the results of the research. Now Qigong study involves not only the study of subjective feelings but also biology, electronics, electrochemistry, magnetism, enzymology, microwave and many other unitary and manifold sciences. Since Qigong science involves many studies, the following areas have been researched from the aspect of immunology and its relationships with Qi:
1. Qigong can help creatures grow: Qigong Waiqi can help mice grow.
2. Qigong can help people keep healthy.
3. Qigong can prevent tumors from growing.
4. Qigong can affect growth of plants.
5. The materiality of Qigong: we can use far-infrared instruments to measure the characteristic energy changes of a Qigong practitioners’ acupoints on the body surface, using them as qualitative and quantitative methods to diagnose some illnesses.
6. The application of Qigong as energy information: Qigong can be applied to diagnosis by examining one’s hands and acupuncture, the latter is called Qigong energy information, which is effective to prevent and treat diseases.
In recent years, Qigong science has become a manifold science rather than a unitary one (such as medicine) in both aspects of basic theories and application. It is in this situation that Immunology Research Center in China whose focal point is Qigong immunology has been found. The long history of Qigong provides us with a great prospect of research. Many years of research enable us to understand Qigong deeply and thoroughly. Qigong is a science of hi-tech and information; and it must be a science of the 21st century.