Author: Gui Yongfan//Chen Qi//Li Yinfa//Jiang Shan
Nanjing Aeronautical Institute, Nanjing, China 
Conference/Journal: 1st World Conf Acad Exch Med Qigong
Date published: 1988
Other: Pages: 193 , Word Count: 628
In this paper, three functions of the emitted qi which were discovered with the aid of some physical instruments. such as the Van de Graaff generator, light sensitive plate and Geiger-Muller counter are mentioned.
1. The Emitted qi can restrain the discharge process. The discharge between the two balls in the Van de Graaff generator will be stopped or the period of discharge will become longer when the emitted qi is exerted on the instrument.
The Van de Graaff generator was used for testing. The two discharge balls in the generator were pulled apart until the critical state was reached. Then the qigong master aimed his emitted qi at the discharge space. The distance between the fingers or palm of the qigong master and the discharge space was 1O cm to 3 m. We have discovered the following phenomena:
(l) The 'emitted qi ' stopped the discharge or made the period of discharge longer.
(2) The qigong master had no sensation of getting an electric shock when he emitted his qi near the discharge space. Nevertheless when he stopped emitting his qi, he had the sensation of an electric shock if his hand was still near the discharge space.
(3) In the restraining process, a series of restraint and discharge, such as restraint-- intermittent bursts of discharge--restraint sometimes appeared.
We recorded the crackling sound of the discharge with a recorder and measured the changes during the period o£ discharge with a FFT analysis system CF-920. Table l lists five typical periods of successive discharge.
Table 1. Discharge Period When Discharge Is Restrained by the Emitted Qi (sec.)
Discharge order N
Curve d(m) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(a) 0.41 0.67 0.63 0.62 0.62 0.58 0.61 0.63 0.66 0.65 1.15
(b) 0.41 0.84 1.39 0.77 0.88 0.75 1.17 0.77 0.72
(c) 0.41 0.84 0.75 1.16 0.69 0.64 0.42 1.02 0.41 0.63
(d) 2.35 1.10 0.90 1.18 0.96 0.87 0.85 0.87 0.88
(e) 2.35 1.38 2.02 2.62 2.30 1.43 3.01 1.25 1.43 150 1.52
2. The emitted qi can cause the exposure of light sensitive plates wrapped in a piece of black paper. By false colour image processing with a picture processing instrument, we obtained a colour photograph, in which the image of fingers and the Laogong (P 8) can be seen clearly.
We selected various light sensitive plates which were wrapped in a piece of black paper.
The qigong master emitted his qi at the emulsion layer of a light sensitive plate. The distance between the palm of the qigong master and the plate was about 1O cm. The duration of emission was about 10 minutes. The plates which had been acted on by the above mentioned way and the control plates were developed in the darkroom under a green light. We got the following results:
(1) The colour of the controls was darker than the affected. plates.
(2) After development, white speckles, various patterns or orderly stripes appeared on the affected plates.
(3) The white speckles were clear when the plates were pre-exposed. In the best one the image of fingers and the Laogong (P 8) could be seen clearly.
Infrared radiation cannot penetrate the black paper, whereas high energy particles cannot develop white speckles. The process of exposure is an ionizing process in which an electron of the ionic bond of haloid silver is moved away. That is the discharge process. We may explain the exposure of the light sensitive plate as being caused by the restraint of discharge.
3. The emitted qi can change the counts on the Geiger Muller counter.
We have obtained a large number of data by testing the emitted qi of more than 200 persons. Before a test we would record automatically the background of the Geiger counter. By statistical analysis we can prove that the background in a time interval delta-t follows Poisson's distribution with an average value.
In the tests, the palm of the qigong master was 5 cm away from the counter. The duration of emission was 200 sec. to 10 min. We made a data processing test of the measured discrete-time order x (n) using various digital filter and frequency spectrum analyses, thus obtaining information on the emitted qi.