Author: Liu Chunmei//Sun Chenglin//Dong Xiuqin
Qigong Institute, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine & Pharmacology, Beijing 100029, China
Conference/Journal: 3rd World Conf Acad Exch Med Qigong
Date published: 1996
Other: Pages: 107 , Special Notes: Some tables are only in Chinese abstracts. , Word Count: 250
1. Qi field's influence on diabetic rats body weight
Model group: decreased
Qigong group: increased, but less than the control group. more than the model group
2. Qi field's influence on BS
group rat BS(mmol/L)
control 10 3.72±0.38
model 10 11.90±2.77
qigong 10 8.72±2.97
3. Qi field's influence on the content of MDA
group rat MDA(hm/gHb)
control 10 104.53±19.95
model 10 245.07±30.39
qigong 10 98.19±16.33
4. Qigong field's influence on the content of LPO: The content of LPO was lower in the qigong group than in the model group.
5. Qi field's influence on the activity of GSH-PX: the activity of GSH-PX was similar in the qigong group and control group, indicating the qi field can activate the clearance of free radicals.
6. Qi field's influence on the content of lipid peroxide: Qi field can inhibit the reaction of lipid peroxide and reduce the injury to free radicals.
7. Qi field's influence on the activity of SOD: Improvement of the activity of SOD has not been found.
8. Qi field's influence on the content of serum insulin: We have found the content of insulin in the model group is markedly lower than that in the control group, while that in the qigong group elevates a little. There is no statistical significance.
Discussion: The experiment reveals that the qi field can lower BS but serum insulin does not increase, which may attribute to the regulating function of the qi field, improvement of bio-efficacy of insulin, and promotions of the glucose absorption and use, etc.
Decrease of MDA and LPO indicates qi field can clear up free radicals.