Author: Feng YZ
Conference/Journal: Chung Hsi I Chieh Ho Tsa Chih
Date published: 1989
Other: Volume ID: 9 , Issue ID: 12 , Pages: 728-30, 709 , Special Notes: CHINESE , Word Count: 181
Daoyin-Tuna Qigong therapy was applied to 103 cases with chronic atrophic
gastritis (CAG). The average duration of disease was 7.8 years. Daoyin-Tuna Qigong exercises were done 4 times a day, 1 hour each time. 79 days made a course and no drug was given. 31 cases were checked with gastroscopy and biopsy, 30 cases with electrogastrogram and 34 cases with immunity detection before and after treatment course. Results: In clinical symptoms, the therapy appeared markedly effective in 72 cases (69.9%). The effective cases were 28 (27.2%). The total effective rate was 97.1%. The body weight of 95 cases (92.2%) increased by 2.4 +/- 1.3 kg on the average at the end of the treatment course, and the capacity for eating was increased by 110 +/- 70 g a day in 99 cases (96.1%). In gastroscopy and pathology examination, the rates of marked effectiveness were 35.5% and 48.4%, the effective 29.0% and 38.7%, the total effective 64.5% and 87.1% respectively. Electrogastrogram check: the frequency and amplitude of the electrogastrogram increased markedly (P less than 0.05) in comparison with the pre-therapy. Immunology examination: E-rosette was 51.3 +/- 8.4% before treatment and 55.3 +/- 7.7% after treatment (P less than 0.05). It is suggested that Daoyin-Tuna Qigong therapy would be a better and new treatment for CAG.