Author: Sun Chenglin//Liu Chunmei//Shen Zhiquan//Li Xiaoming
Affiliation: Beijing College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China 
Conference/Journal: 3rd Nat Acad Conf on Qigong Science
Date published: 1990
Other: Pages: 48 , Word Count: 315
Xiantain-ziran gong is one of many sects of qigong methods, which belongs to a quiet qigong. Its dominant factors are to cultivate one's moral character: to relax, tranquilize and be natural. Through clinical practice we have noticed that qigong doctors who are exercising the qigong can treat the patients with hypertension, coronary heart disease and diabetes, but experimental research about this qigong method has not been reported. The aim of this study is to explore whether the qigong doctors who are exercising Xiantian-ziran gong can exert effects on the structure and function of RBC of the rat with blood stasis. The experimental results are compared with those of Qiang-zhuang gong which emits external qi on the rat. The experiment is don in the following groups:
1. control group :(The experimental animal is Wistar rat.)
2. model group: The model rat with blood stasis is made by injecting adrenotoxin subcutaneously and applying ice water as a stimulant. Erythrocytic membrane is made to be damaged, except that blood is sticky, thick and stagnant.
3. model + qigong group: when the experiment is done, the qigong doctor sits still for 30 minutes with the eyes closed, put the rat 1-1.5 meters away from the doctor. Once a day. The days in all.
4. model + external qi group: The qigong doctor who exercises Qiangzhuang gong emits external qi to the model rat. Once a days in all.
It was shown that qigong doctors who exercise Xiantian-ziran gong can exert the following effects on model animals:
1. decrease the content of plasma fibrinogen (P<0.05);
2. decrease the osmotic fragility of erythrocyte (P<0.01);
3. increase the fluidity of erythrocytic membrane (P<0.001);
4. depress the activity of Na+, K+-AtPase of erthrocytic membrane (P<0.001);
These results are similar to those of the fourth group. The study provides the experimental evidence that Xiantian-ziran qigong doctors who do not release external qi can also treat diseases and regulate body functions.