Author: Ma Mengchang
Affiliation: Ma Litang Qigong School, Hejian, Hebei province, China
Conference/Journal: 3rd World Conf Acad Exch Med Qigong
Date published: 1996
Other: Pages: 154 , Special Notes: Some tables are only in Chinese abstracts. , Word Count: 206
Unwanted effect produced in qigong exercises was caused by improper doing qigong exercises, resulting in disturbance in qi flow, and dysfunction of the zang-fu organs. It occurs much more in female. Here is a report of my treatment for those who had unwanted effect of qigong exercises.
1. General data
Case number: 231
disease course: 15 days-1 year
209 cases had various diseases before and 5 cases had been healthy.
2. Syndrome differentiation
(1) Stagnation of liver-qi: 28 cases, marked by hypochondriac distension pain, vomiting, irritability, depression, dizziness, headache, poor appetite, diarrhea, etc.
(2) Disturbance in mind: 91 cases, marked by insufficient blood, disturbed qi flow, mostly seen in females
(3) Spleen attacked by phlegm-dampness: 89 cases, marked by wasting away, poor appetite, abdominal distension, apathy, cold limbs and loose stools, etc.
(4) Insufficient kidney-qi: 23 cases, marked by weakness of low back, dyspnea, dizziness, tinnitus, frequency of urination, insomnia, impotence, etc.
(1) Acupuncture: Acupuncture was applied to the related points to treat the above four syndromes
(2) Qigong exercises with the' six healing sounds'
Syndrome cases cure marked effective failure effective
effective ness rate(%)
Stagnation 28 26 2 100
disturbance 91 77 11 1 2 97.8
spleen attacked 89 80 3 3 3 96.6
insufficient 23 19 2 1 1 95.6
Total 231 202 18 5 6 97.4
Among them 21 cases were cured in one course, 78 in 2 courses, 92 in 3 courses and 11 in 4 courses.